Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was fun, a little hectic and crazy, but still alot of fun. I took a bunch of pictures to post, but somehow the memory card in my camera got deleted. Don't know what happened with that, was just trying to figure out my new camera and all of a sudden there were no images. Oh well, when my kids get back from their dad's I will take lots of new pictures and post them then. Christmas Eve was lots of fun. We had a Christmas party at my mom's and played games, looked at lights, and just had a good time. Christmas day, I had to go wake the kids up at 9 am. When I asked Alex if he wanted to see what Santa brought his response was in a minute. Once they were up and going, we went and saw what Santa brought. They got everything on their lists and then some. They only asked Santa for 3 things each. Sydney was sooo excited for her Nintendo DS...she has waited her whole life for it (she's been asking Santa for the last 4 years) Alex was equally excited for his Nerf gun that does some rapid fire and has a tripod, it's pretty cool, and his Nerf game for the Wii. After playing with Santa presents for a bit, their dad stopped by because it had snowed and blowed so much he got called into work. When we tried to go outside so they could see him, he was in a huge snow plow, I realized I no longer had stairs to my front door, just a hill of snow. We could have slid down the stairs and across the street to the neighbors house. The drifts in the driveway were upto my knees. Investing in a snow blower is sounding like a better and better idea all the time. After digging our way out, we made it over to my mom's house again to exchange gifts with my mom and sisters. Once there I realized we still hadn't opened the gifts from each other at our house. We came back home, at 5 minutes to one, they were supposed to go with their dad at one, and rushed to open presents. Since the roads were so bad we had until 1:30. Alex was so excited about the gift he had for me, that he made me open it first. It was a sewing machine! I had been asking for one for years. He is so sweet! I will have to explain the story behind it another time, this post is really long, but when I heard what he did to get it for me, I cried. I love that little guy of mine.

6 comments:

jeff and alli said...

I love that he was so excited to give you your gift, and a sewing machine is a great gift. I want one someday too.

The Todd's Life said...

I'm excited for you. I found an used oned-about 4 years old and only cost me $40.00) to give to Stephanie this year. I checked it out and it seemed pretty good for the price. Don't mention it for awhile. She hasn't gotten her present yet.
I would love to hear the story sometime.
Love,
Aunt Diane

WeBeR FaM said...

It sounds like you guys had a good Christmas! That is so cute that he got so excited to give you your present! That makes it so much more fun.

tash said...

You don't have a new post so I will put it here....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

tash said...

So I tried your address at the blog2print and it worked. I just cut and pasted it.

jeff and alli said...

Happy Birthday Wendy!